Nature lovers and animal enthusiasts see their passions unite in Santa Teresa Gallura where they can travel millennia-old bridleways on horse-back thanks to the Go Riding&Riding School’s offers for experts and beginners of all ages. We interviewed Anna Teresa Vincentelli, product manager of the new Gallura Highlands catalogue.
- Hello Anna Teresa, firstly we would like to know when you started riding. How did your passion for horse-riding start?
Hello everybody, and thank you for contacting me for this interview. My passion for horse-riding started when I was 14 years old; I have always loved animals, and especially horses.
- People’s contact with nature is different when horse-riding: what are the advantages for those who practice this sport?
There are different types of horse-riding, for example: there are the Olympic disciplines and competitive sports such as show-jumping, eventing or equestrian vaulting or the one that we do which is country horse-riding where you are always in contact with nature. Then there are those who prefer endurance riding as it gives them the chance to observe the territory from another point of view, that of the animal, allowing them to develop a higher level of sensitivity and respect.
- What itineraries are available in Santa Teresa Gallura?
In Santa Teresa Gallura there are various itineraries suitable for horse-riding. All routes are designed to highlight the beauty of our territory for a more complete experience: from the wind-smoothed granite rocks, the juniper and pine trees, to the cleanest Mediterranean scrub.
By horse you can also visit the Lu Brandali archaeological site, the Contessa in Capo Testa (nature path), from Petra di Li Cossu to Littichedda (in the council of Aglientu) or enjoy a tour of the Isola di Coluccia at Porto Pozzo.
- You have a horse-riding school: do you organise group lessons or individual lessons for all levels and ages?
Absolutely, we offer course for beginners as well as the more advanced. Lessons can be individual or in groups for all ages. During the summer we organise summer camps for children and teenagers.
- What is the best time to practise this sport in Santa Teresa Gallura?
The climate is mild in Santa Teresa Gallura so we can practise this sport all year round though the best time of year for a horse-back adventure is during the spring and autumn.
- Is there any accommodation available specially designed for horse-riding enthusiasts? What are the main services that should be offered to tourists?
There are a lot of wide, open spaces in the Council of Santa Teresa Gallura as well as a number of structures equipped to accommodate horse-riding enthusiasts. Our Club House is fully equipped with everything you need.
- Is technical clothing required for horse-riding?
In horse-riding, like in any sport, technical clothing is preferable. Occasional horse-riders really just need sports clothing of any kind with trainers and long trousers.
Why do pleasant holidays never fail to please? Gallura Highlands can fulfil the dreams of anyone looking for a real experience to share with family or friends. Discovering the territory on horse-back helps develop a high sensitivity to the animal and natural worlds and rewards you with breath-taking views from uncontaminated panoramic sites.